Your Questions Answered

We’ve put together commonly asked question to give you information about the CHANCEN Income Share Agreement.

If you have a question that you can’t find the answer to, we would love to hear from you! Please use the contact us page and a member of our team will be in touch.

You are eligible for becoming a member of CHANCEN International once you are admitted to one of our partner institutions, went through the CHANCEN’s Application process, and signed the ISA Contract.

We currently offer the Income Share Agreement at Kepler and Davis College Akilah.

Currently, we support secondary school graduates who want to further their undergraduate studies at one of our educational partner institutions.

Your repayment only kicks in when you have graduated and are earning 80,000 Rwf and above. Our unique algorithm ensures that you pay a percentage of your net income that does not encroach on your basic needs.

We do not have  interest on the Income Share Agreement. However, we have a social solidarity principle whereby when you earn less, you pay less; and when you earn more, you pay more.

Currently, CHANCEN International only supports students doing their studies from our higher education institutions partners based in Rwanda.

We do not support the students individually. We will only support you once you are admitted to one of our partner institutions.  

  • The health insurance;
  • Your ORIGINAL national ID;
  • Clear Passport photos (for both applicant and guardians);
  • Your residence forms for both students and guardians. The template form will be provided to you by CHANCEN. You will need to have it signed by local leaders and then submit it back to CHANCEN.

To make your application eligible, you will always need to provide two guardians. They will sign the guardian contract with CHANCEN.

Your guardians are not limited to your biological parents. Anyone having 25 years old and above and willing to undertake the responsibilities defined in the guardian contract can be your guardian. 

If your ORIGINAL national IDs are not available, you can submit your valid passport or the national ID replacement certificates provided by Rwandan Police with a condition to provide the new national IDs once they are available. The failure to submit original IDs may result in the cancellation of your ISA contract. 

CHANCEN does not provide scholarships to students rather, the financial support that is repayable through the Income Share Agreement (ISA) model.

CHANCEN does not provide the scholarship to the students rather, the financial support that is repayable through the Income Share Agreement (ISA) model.

The ISA can only be terminated after completing the repayment to CHANCEN.

When you drop out or get suspended from school, you pay the money that CHANCEN International paid for you from the beginning of your studies until the drop-out time.

We only support those who are furthering their studies in one of our partner institutions/universities. Currently, we are not supporting postgraduate students.