CHANCEN International is a non-profit organization that provides an ethical, fair, and responsible
financing model for young people in Africa to access quality tertiary education. This financing
model is called an Income Share Agreement (ISA) and was tried and tested for 20 years in
Germany before being launched in East Africa in 2018. With an ISA financing model, CHANCEN
International pays tuition fees during beneficiaries’ tenure of their studies, and graduates pay them
back according to their income at the end of their studies, thus making it possible to finance the
next generation of students. CHANCEN administrative base is located in Kigali, Rwanda, and in
its first two years of financing operations, more than 1300 young people accessed funds for their
tertiary education. CHANCEN believes that young Africans are ready to take on the problems that
have hold their continent back if they are fairly and responsibly empowered. Education is one of
the vehicles for harnessing that potential, and we work to create equal access to high-quality
tertiary education for traditionally excluded populations. Our unique and innovative model of
responsible and sustainable financing has the power to unleash intergenerational economic
mobility for marginalized youth as they gain the skills required to participate in building strong
economies and peaceful nations.
CHANCEN International’s next phase of growth comes with the launch of the Zamuka-Future of
Work Fund, a non deposit taking central bank regulated institution, which provides a blended
investment opportunity for investors who want to ensure that the next generation of youth in
Africa acquire employable skills and move into gainful employment. Our Income Share Agreement
model has ensured students were able to continue their education to employment journey in the
midst of the COVID-19 crisis and the demand from both students and partner institutions have
seen a sharp increase in recent months due to reduction in household income and the ability for
excluded youth to pay for education.
Chancen International Rwanda is looking for a qualified and competent staff to fill the position of IT
and MIS Director. IT and MIS Director reports directly to the COO
The IT and MIS Director will provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing
CHANCEN IT strategy. The recruited person will support CHANCEN stakeholders to increase the
organization’s overall technology maturity, including improvements in infrastructure, innovation in
digital technology, CBS, cost effectiveness, and service quality throughout the CHANCEN
network.The IT and MIS Director will be responsible for all aspects of the organization’s information
technology systems, including: vendor selection, implementation, and support of enterprise IT
applications; digital technology; stakeholder advising and communications; monitoring progress;
managing security and risks. The role will be responsible for guiding support staff and leadership
with respect to information system, MIS and digital application needs and ensuring compliance
with critical IT standards throughout CHANCEN operations.
● Setting up IT & MIS department, Plans and manages the work of the IT & MIS Department
and Lead strategic planning for the IT &MIS Team and in collaboration with
cross-departmental teams to achieve the organization’s goal.
● Develop and Implement the IT & MIS strategic plan and technology maturity framework
across the CHANCEN network, including compliance to regulatory authorities and regular reporting of progress towards goals.
● Serve as a lead strategic advisor on development banking technology, MIS and digital
applications within a cross-departmental technology team.
● Identify and recommend system development/enhancements to management to meet
● Contribute to identification of operational risks triggered by IT changes and projects and
address them accordingly
● Implementation and compliance to IT Operational standards and policies (global and local)
● Creates and maintains the network and databases for the company.
● Schedules and produces periodic operations reports regarding MIS performance and BI.
● Define requirements for MIS implementation which will enable operational effectiveness.
● Directs and Leads the IT team in the efficient acquisition and maintenance of hardware,
software, CBS, IT consulting resources, and maintenance contracts. This includes
leadership for the IT team in implementation of device management protocols, data and
● Lead and advise the acquisition, development and implementation of new IT systems, Core
Banking system and applications across the organization. This includes vendor and
consultant management as related to IT applications and services, and delivery of those
services to internal and external clients.
● Lead ongoing development, improvement, and implementation of IT governance policies
and procedures in conjunction with data protection policies, cyber security officers, data
protection, business continuity, compliance, management and staff.
Necessary experience and knowledge
● 10+ years’ experience in the development financial services industry, MFI’s and/ or with
digital banking applications, mobile banking, core banking implementation and
maintenance is a requirement.
● 10+ years of progressive IT & MIS experience, people, and project management
● Degree in an information technology, computer science, data analytics, business or related
field; advanced degrees and certifications are a plus.
● Strong understanding of all elements of IT architecture and systems development life
cycles, with hands -on expertise from initiation through implementation. Prior experience in
software selection, implementation, integration, and testing is required.
Qualified and Interested Candidates should send their application file with a subject indicating the
position applying ( attach : CV, academic certificate and cover letter) at Chancen’s recruitment
email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline 18th November 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.